Re: [patch V4 00/21] genirq, irqchip: Convert ARM MSI handling to per device MSI domains

On Wed, 17 Jul 2024 14:38:59 +0100,
Johan Hovold <johan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2024 at 01:54:40PM +0100, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> > On Wed, 17 Jul 2024 08:23:39 +0100,
> > Johan Hovold <johan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > [    8.692011] Reusing ITT for devID 0
> > > [    8.693668] Reusing ITT for devID 0
> >
> > This is really odd. It indicates that you have several devices sharing
> > the same DeviceID, which I seriously doubt it is the case in a
> > laptop. Do you have any non-transparent bridge here? lspci would help.
>
> Yeah, and these messages do not show up without the series (see log
> below). They are there in the previous synchronous log however.

I think I've finally nailed the sucker, and posted a potential fix[1].

It definitely restore my TX1 to a state that is no worse than normal,
so something must be less wrong there.  I'm pretty sure that the
platform-msi equivalent is equally broken, but I don't have the energy
to verify/debug that tonight.

Thomas, feel free to squash this into your series or keep it as is, as
you prefer.

	M.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/r/20240717195937.2240400-1-maz@xxxxxxxxxx