Re: meaning of macros PCI_PROBE_CONF1|2

On 04/22/2012 11:53 PM, Onkar N Mahajan wrote:

> I was searching for the meaning of Macros - PCI_PROBE_NOEARLY,
> PCI_PROBE_MMCONF, PCI_PROBE_CONF1 and PCI_PROBE_CONF2 , these are
> defined in linux/arch/x86/include/asm/pci_x86.h. I tried Googling
> but found nothing but browser cross-references.

These values are just bit flags that control which type(s) of
PCI probing are going to be used.  They are used to set values
in the variable

unsigned int pci_probe = PCI_PROBE_BIOS | PCI_PROBE_CONF1 | PCI_PROBE_CONF2 |
				PCI_PROBE_MMCONF;

in arch/x86/pci/common.c.  This file also has code that parses the
kernel's boot command line to check if PCI probing control options
are used on it.  If so, the 'pci_probe' variable is updated according
to the options on the command line.  Some command-line options also
depend on various Kconfig options being enabled.

--
~Randy