Re: [RFC 3/9] PCI/portdrv: create platform devices for child OF nodes

On Thu, Jan 11, 2024 at 06:10:09PM +0530, Manivannan Sadhasivam wrote:
> The primary reason for plugging the power sequencing into portdrv is due to
> portdrv binding with all the bridge devices and acting as management driver
> for the bridges.

As I've said before, portdrv not only binds to bridges but also
Root Complex Event Collectors.  And you most likely don't want to
populate child DT nodes for those.

> This is where exactly the power sequencing part needs to be plugged
> in IMO. But if the idea of the portdrv is just to expose services based on
> interrupts, then please suggest a better place to plug this power sequencing
> part.

Again, I'm suggesting to put this into of_pci_make_dev_node().

Thanks,

Lukas