Re: Future of pci-mvebu

On Tuesday 18 July 2023 06:19:52 Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> [+cc Radu]
>
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2023 at 12:03:17AM +0200, Pali Rohár wrote:
> > Hello, I have just one question. What do you want to do with pci-mvebu
> > driver? It is already marked as broken for 3 kernel releases and I do
> > not see any progress from anybody (and you rejected my fixes). How long
> > do you want it to have marked as broken?
>
> I don't think "depends on BROKEN" necessarily means that we plan to
> remove the driver.  I think it just means that it's currently broken,
> but we hope to fix it eventually.
>
> I think the problem here is the regular vs chained interrupt handlers,
> right?  Radu has been looking at that recently, too, so maybe we can
> have another go at it.
>
> Bjorn

I guess that this is the main issue as all other fixes and improvements
are stalled. Just to remind that we have there shared interrupt source
(which can be requested by more HW drivers) and consumer is PCIe INTX
which is de-facto chained handler. And I have not seen anything for
shared interrupt source except request_irq(IRQF_SHARED) which you do not
want to use for shared interrupts anymore. Also setting of PCIe INTX
affinity is broken which worked fine with the previous kernel versions.
And you also rejected fixes for this regression.