Re: pci_probe_only and bus_to_resources patches rebased to pci linux-next branch

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Yinghai Lu <yinghai@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Jesse,
>>
>> I rebased these series:
>
>>    v2 add PCI bus-to-resource offset support in core
>>    (http://marc.info/?l=linux-pci&m=132884138928641&w=2)
>
> did you solve concerns that i raised?
> 1. two lists that one for host bridge and one for root buses
> 2. for dev to get host bridge data is some expensive. Now for every
> dev, you need go up to find root bus, and loop the host bridge list to
> find the host bridge.

No.  I responded to those concerns on the list, but I haven't made any
changes to the patches yet.

I'll look at #1 again; we should do something about that, though I
don't think it's important enough to gate the patches.

I don't think #2 is worth worrying about, given that we do it so
infrequently (once per BAR at boot-time).

Bjorn