Re: PCIe device tree support

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Pratyush Anand
<pratyush.anand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I too had similar query.
> I have written a PCIe host driver for SPEAr platform (ARM Arch).
> This driver is registered on paltform bus.
> It is for Designware IP, so I believe that most of its part
> can be re-usaable for other person.
>  have kept common and SPEAr specific part separately.
> But,  I am not sure about its best location.
> I believe best would have been to keep in driver/pci/pcie/hosts/.
> But it uses pci_common_init function which is specific to ARM platform.
> So it limits option to arch/arm.
> But, if I keep it in arch/arm/mach-spear13xx/ , then it will limit others
> from using synopsys specific code.
>
> What do you suggest?

If it uses ARM-specific functions, I think somewhere in arch/arm/
makes the most sense.  There are some arches (parisc comes to mind)
that do have arch-specific code in drivers/, but until it can be
usefully shared, that doesn't seem worthwhile to me.  We can always
move it later.

Bjorn