Re: aacraid controller hangs if kernel uses non-default ASPM policy

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 05:47:55PM +0400, Vasily Averin wrote:

> It's quite hard to identify all affected hardware, as far as I understand in all cases it was various controllers.
> Probably hardware vendor could do it, but I doubt that it is possible in current situation.

Yeah, without assistance from the vendor it becomes much harder to do.
It's worth noting that there are (as far as I know) no situations in
which we'll enable ASPM when Windows won't if the "Maximum power
savings" option is enabled, so hardware that's broken on Linux should
also be broken on Windows. In theory ASPM should be blacklisted in the
Windows driver .inf, but it turns out that some vendors do it directly
in the drivers instead.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx