Re: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650, contributing data

Le 2011-09-12 17:44, Filipus Klutiero a écrit :
Hi,
my laptop has a Mobility Radeon HD 5650. It was previously shown by lspci as "Radeon HD 5600 Series". It's now even more vague, "AMD Radeon HD 5000M Series". I remembered there was a way to precise too vague devices, but didn't remember what. I eventually found that is the subsystem. So I wanted to submit a new subsystem. It took me about half an hour to figure out how.

If you're on https://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/1002/68c1, it's not clear how to add a subsystem. The link that appears to have worked is called "Add item". "item" is pretty vague, why not "Add subsystem"? Once you found that, the field with the Jump button is confusing. I couldn't submit because I didn't know what to put in the ID field. I figured it out just as I started to write this email. The subsystem ID, "1025:033d" in my case, needed to be entered as "ffff ffff" (with a space, not a colon). Otherwise, the site complains the ID is invalid. http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/mods/PC/?action=help?help=pci explains that, but is not directly linked from the subsystem submission form.

It would really help to either:
*clarify the data contribution interface
*offer to submit problems through a bug tracker
*or make it clearer how to reach this mailing list. I'm not even sure I'm writing to the right address.

I submitted by card here: http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/1002/68c1/1025033d Again, it's not clear from http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/1002/68c1 whether my submission worked. The name is not shown and the entry is in dark grey, probably because it wasn't approved yet, but I don't see any explanation of colors.

As of now, this worked. The name now appears, and the item is no longer in gray. Note that you should receive a mail notification when the item is approved, if you check the Subscribe checkbox.