Re: USB remote wakeup issue

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:04:07PM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2011, Sarah Sharp wrote:
>
> > Is there anything special I should need to do in order to make a key
> > press bring a system out of suspend?  I was trying to test Andiry's
> > remote wakeup bug fixes, and I can't get a USB keyboard to wakeup the
> > system.
>
> In principle, all you should need is to echo "enabled" to the
> power/wakeup attribute for the keyboard in question, possibly for the
> root hub ancestor device (it should be enabled by default), and for the
> PCI USB controller device.

Interesting.  I checked the USB roothub's usbN/power/wakeup file, and it
was marked as enabled.  However, the PCI device's power/wakeup file was
marked as disabled.  Any idea why it would be disabled by default?

I do notice that when I enable the PCI USB roothub remote wake for the
second EHCI host controller in the system (PCI device 00:1a.7), the
system will immediately pop out of suspend, even though there's no USB
devices attached.  All the other host controllers on this system seem to
work properly, except for the NEC host controller add-in card, which I
can't get to wake the system up at all.

Perhaps the PCI developers disabled remote wake for all Intel PCI USB
hosts because of that?

Sarah Sharp