Re: [question]: Query regarding the PCI addresses

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 11:54:27AM -0500, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 02:33:37PM +0800, Wenchao Hao wrote:
>
> > If they are not fixed, then is there anyway I can get a fixed ID
> > which can indicate physical connection.
>
> You can look at the "lspci -P" option.  I'm not really familiar with
> this, but I think Matthew (cc'd) implemented it.

That option shows the parent devices for each listed device, but that
may not produce the same output if BDf doesn't always enumerate the
same.

I think Wenchao was seeking some invariant device identification that
can be used to look up its BDf. There's no PCI level requirement for
uniquely identifying a specific device across changing topologies, so I
don't think this is generically possible.