Re: pci_do_recovery not handling fata errors

> On Mar 12, 2021, at 12:56 PM, James Puthukattukaran <james.puthukattukaran@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi -
> I’m trying to understand why pci_do_recovery() only clears non-fatal but not fata errors? My immediate concern is call from dpc_handler. If a device sends an ERR_FATAL to the root port, I would think that as part of recovery the fatal status in the AER registers of the endpoint device would be cleared?

Adding Sathya who mentioned to me that:

Fatal error are cleared in

void dpc_process_error(struct pci_dev *pdev)

253                  dpc_get_aer_uncorrect_severity(pdev, &info) &&
254                  aer_get_device_error_info(pdev, &info)) {
255                 aer_print_error(pdev, &info);
256                 pci_aer_clear_nonfatal_status(pdev);
257                 pci_aer_clear_fatal_status(pdev);

Thanks,

Sean