SR-IOV resource allocation related question

Hello,

I am working on a SR-IOV capable network device. It can be configured in two ways. One way is that each device node can have four pci functions in pci function mode. Another way is that each device node can have one PF and three VFs in the SR-IOV mode. There are total four of these devices in my setup (maximal configuration of the device). So there are total 16 pci functions in the pci function mode, and total 4 PFs and 12 VFs in the SR-IOV mode. I have no problem in the pci function mode, but got "PCI: mem resource #9:300000@f9d00000 for 0000:16:00.0 was not allocated" in the SR-IOV mode. The requested resource are all the same for each pci function or PF/VF. The resource of each pci function/PF/VF = (msix 0x3fff + pio 0xfffff), so total 16 of them = (msix 0x3fff + pio 0xfffff) * 16 = 23.5 m. It is not a lot. Does it exceed max resource allocation? Is there a tunable in the Linux kernel that can give more resource to one kind of device? Any idea how to deal with it?

Thanks in advance,
Joyce