Re: remove dma_virt_ops v2

+ Ka-Cheong

On 11/12/20 5:23 AM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 10:40:30AM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
ping?

On Fri, Nov 06, 2020 at 07:19:31PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
Hi Jason,

this series switches the RDMA core to opencode the special case of
devices bypassing the DMA mapping in the RDMA ULPs.  The virt ops
have caused a bit of trouble due to the P2P code node working with
them due to the fact that we'd do two dma mapping iterations for a
single I/O, but also are a bit of layering violation and lead to
more code than necessary.

Tested with nvme-rdma over rxe.

Note that the rds changes are untested, as I could not find any
simple rds test setup.

Changes since v2:
  - simplify the INFINIBAND_VIRT_DMA dependencies
  - add a ib_uses_virt_dma helper
  - use ib_uses_virt_dma in nvmet-rdma to disable p2p for virt_dma devices
  - use ib_dma_max_seg_size in umem
  - stop using dmapool in rds

Changes since v1:
  - disable software RDMA drivers for highmem configs
  - update the PCI commit logs

Santosh can you please check the RDA parts??

Hi Ka-Cheong,

Can you please check Christoph change [1] which clean-up
dma-pool API to use ib_dma_* and slab allocator ? This was added
as part of your "net/rds: Use DMA memory pool allocation for rds_header"
commit.

Regards,
Santosh

[1] https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-pci/msg101547.html