SIL24: pcie_set_readrq 4096

Hi,
  After implementing driver for PCIe RC controller of a SOC, I came
across peculiarity
while testing SIL3132 directly connected to the root port.

My RC IP is configured for maximum of 256bytes of payload size.
The sata_sil24 driver unconditionally sets pcie_set_readrq(pdev, 4096)
for the endpoint
which apparently works for 'every' other host irrespective of their capacity.

In my case it works only if I change to
  pcie_set_readrq(pdev, 256)

Shouldn't the Linux PCI have provision to allow max_read/payload_size
not higher than
the least of max capacities of all agents in the chain ?

I see similar use of pcie_set_readrq(pdev, 4096), so could be I am
missing something ?

Thanks.