Re: GPU hotplug with pciehp

Greg KH wrote:
It used to be in the PCI Hotplug spec, but note that the last time I
read that, was back in 2001 or so.  I could go dig through the PCI
Hotplug spec again if you really can't find it.

I have looked through the PCI Hotplug Spec (1.1 dated 6/20/2001) and cannot find any reference to this. Is this the correct spec?
Since these are computational GPU devices, I wouldn't think they would
suffer from the same BIOS issues but not knowing the specifics, I'm
merely guessing.

Yes, they might not, but then again, they might, it all depends on the
video card itself.  Which was why the spec said that VGA-like devices
could not be hotplugged, and hence, we try to check that in the kernel
code.
I don't see any reference to this rule in the most recent version of the spec. If it is indeed not present anymore, can we remove this check?

Thanks,
Praveen