Re: dump more than 265 bytes PCI config SPACE

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 09:56:20AM -0700, Joyce Yu wrote:
> I have a NIC, and its config space is from 0x0 through 0x12b. Those
> locations hold registers. Beyond 0x12b, access can be made but the
> values returned on reads is not defined. I tried to use (lspci -xxxx)
> tool to dump the whole config space, but end up only got 256 bytes. I
> downloaded the 3.1.6 source and tried to make changes dump more than
> 256. But so far, I am not able to make it happen. My problem is that I
> couldn't find where X->methods->read(d, pos, buf, len) was defined and
> it returned 0 beyond 256.
>
> I am wondering if anyone here has done this before, or can provide
> suggestions/ideas to help me with this.

Are you using Linux?  If not, I don't think any other OS provides access
to the extended config space.

Is this card PCIe?  If not, it doesn't have extended config space (well,
it might if it's PCI-X 2.0 ...)

Does your Linux machine with its PCIe card have MMCONFIG enabled?
Check your dmesg to find out.  If not, Linux can't access the extended
config space.

Need more information before we go any further down this decision tree.

--
Matthew Wilcox				Intel Open Source Technology Centre
a retrograde step."