From: Steven Whitehouse <swhiteho@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-pci@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problem booting Dell R710 with 2.6.33-rc1
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:08:09 +0000

Hi,

The attached .jpg shows all I've been able to capture from a crash that
I've run into on trying to boot my R710 with the latest kernel. I know
that 2.6.32 works ok (with the same kernel config) so I'm fairly sure
that the issue is related to something at the last merge window.

I'm afraid that the machine is not on a serial console so I can't easily
capture any more than what is shown in the .jpg, which is mostly
messages of the form: "no compatible bridge window for..."

I'm assuming that for some reason the various drivers cannot allocate
the PCI resources they require.

Any ideas what is going wrong? I can send a kernel .config if required,
but I don't think its likely to be a config issue. Also I can test any
patches if that would be helpful.

I did try turning on PCI debugging, but the messages were no more
verbose. I also tried both with and without PCIe hotplug support turned
on and that made no difference either. I did look on google, but I
couldn't track down any useful information about the particular messages
that I'm seeing,

Steve.