Re: PCI IOMEM fix in latest kernel ?

On Friday 25 September 2009 02:37:31 pm Ian Porter wrote:
> I have a acer aspire 9815 with from what I have read a 32bit
> Northbridge and when you add 4GB of RAM with a nVidia 256 of "virtual
> ram" causes a base address registers (BAR1), but works fine with 2GB
> because there is a problem with the way that Linux kernel is
> allocating the memory associated with the devices and places then out
> of range.

Could you please open a bugzilla here:
  http://bugzilla.kernel.org/enter_bug.cgi?component=PCI&product=Drivers
with a description of exactly what is broken?

Please attach:
  - dmesg and /proc/iomem with 2GB
  - dmesg and /proc/iomem with 4GB
  - dmesg and /proc/iomem with 4GB, booting with "pci=use_crs"
  - lspci -vv

Thanks,
  Bjorn