unregistered PCI vendor and device IDs

Hi,

I'm currently working on a platform that comes with an FPGA connected to the
CPU via a PCIe interface The FPGA will eventually integrate several IP cores,
some of them being open (OpenCores). I would like to mainline any drivers for
those cores, but that raises the problem of the vendor ID. Is there any
procedure for providing Linux drivers supporting devices which do not have a
registered vendor and/or device ID?

Would it be acceptable to make vendor and device IDs configurable via
Kconfig?

Cheers,
Thierry