Re: Getting bus ID of root bus behind a bridge

On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 11:15:52AM +0000, Lifesaver wrote:
> Matthew Wilcox <matthew <at> wil.cx> writes:
>
> > Try adding:
> >     printk("slot number : %x", PCI_SLOT(bus->self->devfn));
>
> I actually tried this already, bus->self is zero as well,
> and de-referencing it crashes the driver..

You need to be one level down ... stop before you reach bus->self == NULL.

I might be able to give a better answer if I understood what you were
trying to do here.  Are you looking for something that matches the slot
number on the back of the machine?  Are you trying to determine whether
two devices are on the same plugin card?  Something else?

--
Matthew Wilcox				Intel Open Source Technology Centre
a retrograde step."