From: Matthew Wilcox <matthew@xxxxxx>
To: arvind vasudev <arvind_vasudev2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: linux-pci@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 1:59:15 PM
Subject: Re: Question about PCIe vendor defined message support

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 01:40:58PM -0700, arvind vasudev wrote:

> Thank you for the reply Matthew.
>
> The vendor defined messages are described in the PCIe spec section 2.2.8.6:
>
> http://www.pcisig.com/members/downloads/specifications/pciexpress/PCI_Express_Base_r2_1_04Mar09_cb.pdf

Yes, I know what they are.

The PCIe spec doesn't (as far as I can see) specify a way to generate
Vendor Defined messages.  Nor does it define what happens if you send
one to a Root Complex.

So I don't understand what you want Linux to do with them.  Could you
explain what you're trying to do?

--
Matthew Wilcox                Intel Open Source Technology Centre
a retrograde step."