DMA from device to device

Hello,
This is perhaps a generic PCI/DMA question, but if it is possible I
later wish to try to hack the linux kernel to achieve what I want.

Basically my question is this:
Can one PCI device DMA directly to another PCI device? Say for example
I have two network cards having packets routed between them. The OS
can pull the header from the card, check the destination, and then ask
the PCI device to DMA the remainder of the packet to the outgoing
interface.

>From looking at linux's API, and googling, I have been unable to find
my answer, and only found examples of DMA from a device into memory.

I also wonder what would happen if my destination device is memory
mapped (I think is the correct term), and I try and DMA from a device
into that mapped location.

thanks for any reply
Andrew

P.S  I'd be grateful if people could point me in the direction of
resources I could read. Thus far I have gone over the documentation in
the kernel, and a couple of articles on lwn, as well as Wikipedia.