Re: Extended PCIe Space

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 10:50:30AM -0700, Ryan Holmqvist wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> Yes, I can see extended regs on the same system using WinXP and CatScan (http://www.getcatalyst.com/product-desktop_catscan.html)
>
> >BTW, I assume you have CONFIG_PCI_MMCONFIG=y in your .config?
>
> I am not sure exactly what this means. I think you are asking if I built the Linux Kernel from source.  I did not build the Linux kernel from source.  I installed Linux on this PC (and many others) using FedoraCore CDs and basically selecting defaults for everything.  I assume that the defaults would be correct.  Bad assumption?

According to a colleague at Fedora, you need to add "pci=mmconf" to the
kernel command line to use MMCONFIG because it was broken on too many
machines.

We've changed the code to not tickle the bug on these machines, so
Fedora won't require this in the future.

--
Matthew Wilcox				Intel Open Source Technology Centre
a retrograde step."