Re: 8169 Intermittent ifup Failure Issue With RTL8102E Chipset in Intel's New D945GCLF Atom Board (Not the Initial Modprobe Crash, Another Problem)

Mario,

Apologies in advance for my ignorance.

When you write below about 'the patch' and 'the list,' can you be a bit more specific, particularly about which list you posted it to?

Also, I think Kasper's question below related to, was the patch you used to fix your 8169 issues now part of rc9, or is it still independent of the main tree? For those like me not used to be bleeding edge, its cleaner to just snag the rc candidate than to try the hand patch method.

Any insight you can offer is appreciated.

Cheers,

- Michael

Mario Limonciello wrote:
Kasper:

Particularly try the patch that I posted to the list.  It solved the
ifup (and resume) failures for me on two platforms using that chipset.

Regards