Re: Broken Domain Validation in 6.1.84+

Hi,

Martin K. Petersen <martin.petersen@xxxxxxxxxx> (2024-04-08):
> Great, thanks for testing!
>
> Greg, please revert the following commits from linux-6.1.y:
>
> b73dd5f99972 ("scsi: sd: usb_storage: uas: Access media prior to querying device properties")
> cf33e6ca12d8 ("scsi: core: Add struct for args to execution functions")
>
> and include the patch below instead.

According to James I've ran into another expression of the same issue,
which in my case led to the loss of some SMART information:
  https://lore.kernel.org/stable/20240410193207.qnb75osxuk4ovvm6@xxxxxxxx/
  https://lore.kernel.org/stable/0655cea93e52928d3e4a12b4fe2d2a4375492ed3.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/

I've just confirmed that both reverts plus that patch, applied on top of
v6.1.85, fix that regression for me. That's tested in a QEMU VM with a
SATA disk (that exposes only a few SMART attributes anyway) and also on
baremetal with real disks (2 pairs of Seagate IronWolf): smartctl
returns data again, including temperatures.

Closes: https://bugs.debian.org/1068675
Tested-by: Cyril Brulebois <kibi@xxxxxxxxxx>

Cheers,
--