Possible 6.5 regression: Huge values for "commited memory"

Hello,

For the time being, just an observation: I monitor various parameters on
my systems, and among them is "Committed memory", the Committed_AS value
in /proc/meminfo.

Since upgrading to the 6.5.x series, I noticed the value there grows way
higher values then previously in hppa, even if the machine is idle.
Values seem to rise up to around 1.6 Gbyte, long-term average is rather
200-300 Mbyte. Also, I cannot see any memory hogs in top. The workload
hasn't changed in months.

To sum it up, I reckon something went wrong in the memory usage
accounting. Is this already on radar, or should I start bisecting? That
might take a lot of time, though.

    Christoph