Re: RFC: switch to use the generic remapping dma-allocator

Hi Christoph,

On 11/21/22 14:16, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
currently parisc has it's own implementation of the dma-coherent
allocator that sets up PTEs with the uncached bit.  I can't see any
reason why using vmap to do the same kind of setup shouldn't work.
This small series shows how that could work, but due to a lack of
actual parisc hardware it is compile tested only and not only needs
a careful review but also actual testing on hardware.

Very interesting!
I'll give it a spin on real hardware and will come back with the results...

Thanks!
Helge

Diffstat:
  arch/parisc/Kconfig               |    4
  arch/parisc/include/asm/pgtable.h |    1
  arch/parisc/kernel/pci-dma.c      |  446 +-------------------------------------
  include/linux/dma-map-ops.h       |    1
  kernel/dma/Kconfig                |    3
  kernel/dma/direct.c               |    4