Re: fixmap problem on PA11 hardware

On 10/27/21 22:14, John David Anglin wrote:
> On 2021-10-27 3:09 p.m., Helge Deller wrote:
>> In the archives I found this old thread, which might be related:
>> https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-parisc/msg09391.html
> These seems unlikely as both 7100LC and 7300LC are PA-RISC 1.1 processors (1.1c vs. 1.1e).  Big difference
> seems to be cache.

Yes, there were at least two problems.
I just sent two patches to the list which fix the crashes.
But FTRACE still doesn't work on PA1.x machines as expected,
while the same code seems to work on PA2.x machines (running the same 32bit kernel).

The PA7100LC reports (machine: 715/64):
Kprobe smoke test: started
Kprobe smoke test: kretprobe handler not called
Kprobe smoke test: kretprobe handler not called
Kprobe smoke test: kretprobe handler2 not called
Kprobe smoke test: BUG: 3 error(s) running handlers

On the PA7300LC (machine B160L):
Kprobe smoke test: started
Kprobe smoke test: kprobe pre_handler not called
Kprobe smoke test: kprobe post_handler not called
Kprobe smoke test: kprobe pre_handler not called
Kprobe smoke test: kprobe post_handler not called
Kprobe smoke test: kprobe pre_handler2 not called
Kprobe smoke test: kprobe post_handler2 not called
Kprobe smoke test: kretprobe handler not called
Kprobe smoke test: kretprobe handler not called
Kprobe smoke test: kretprobe handler2 not called
Kprobe smoke test: BUG: 9 error(s) running handlers

On the PA8x00 (machine C3000):
Kprobe smoke test: started
Kprobe smoke test: passed successfully

Helge