Re: Testing the lws_compare_and_swap_2 syscall

Helge Deller wrote...

> * Christoph Biedl <linux-kernel.bfrz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > stalling in 100% CPU, might be coincidence. Now I'm putting some more
> > load onto the box to see whether it's less crashy then it used to be the
> > previous weeks.
>
> Did you continued your tests?
> How were the results.

Basically I gave up on this. My change made things worse, and while I
still didn't get the point (read: For my understanding there's a
discrepancy between the syscall's description and what actually
happens), it's certainly better to keep things the way they are.

> > Aside, there is another ",ma" modifier in lws_compare_and_swap that I
> > fail to understand. Haven't checked yet in detail yet, though.
>
> I'd suggest to keep the other ",ma" modifiers for now.

Since, as I presume, this has no impact on performance, this boils down
to aid a human reviewing the code in understanding what's happening
here.

    Christoph