Re: systemd on hppa and number of free RT signals

On 10/7/2014 6:34 PM, Aaro Koskinen wrote:
Personally I don't mind such changes (I compile everything from scratch
so ABI breakages are not a big issue), but generally I think Linux/PA-RISC
community could maybe put more focus on some core issues like GCC
and GLIBC support...
I think that's happening.

On Debian unstable, we currently have 10291 installed packages.
We are neck to neck with ppc64, and a couple hundred behind alpha.
http://buildd.debian-ports.org/stats/

At this point, adding new packages requires porting and bug fixes. The signal change proposed
by Helge here is an example.

I am working at the moment on an update to the GCC fast indirect call support for Linux. There
are also two trunk breakages and several minor issues ongoing.

Is there something specific you would like to see?

Dave

--
John David Anglin    dave.anglin@xxxxxxxx