Fwd: drm/radeon: "ring test failed" on PA-RISC Linux

Mates, let's continue with this issue at dri-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Here's where we stopped:

--[start]--

> От: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Тема: Ответ: drm/radeon: "ring test failed" on PA-RISC Linux
> Дата: 10 сентября 2013 г., 17:25:29 GMT+04:00
> Кому: Alex Ivanov <gnidorah@xxxxxxxxx>
> Копия: Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@xxxxxxxxx>, Maling list - DRI developers <dri-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 01:20:57PM +0400, Alex Ivanov wrote:
>>
>> Thanks! I'll try. Meanwhile i've tried a switch from page_alloc() to
>> dma_alloc_coherent() in radeon_dummy_page_*(), which didn't help :(
>
> Is this platform enabling the SWIOTLB layer? The reason I am asking is
> b/c if you do indeed enable it you end up using the TTM DMA pool
> which allocates pages using the dma_alloc_coherent - which means that
> all of the pages that come out of TTM are already 'DMA' mapped.
>
> And that means the radeon_gart_bind and all its friends
> use the DMA addresses that have been constructed by SWIOTLB IOMMU.
>
> Perhaps the PA-RISC IOMMU creates the DMA addresses differently?
>
> When the card gets programmed, you do end up using ttm_agp_bind right?
> I am wondering if something like this:
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2010/12/6/512
>
> is needed to pass in the right DMA address?

--[end]--

Thomas,

> What I'm still wondering is whether radeon DRM really works on 64bit
> big endian boxes.
> Is it running on any big endian boxes ?

It's running ok at least on 32-bit big-endian PowerPCs and on 64-bit
big-endian PowerPC G5 machines.

> Is there any prove, that someone has it running ?

Here they are:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/linux.kernel/BnAMrzyO2wg/W-R5UVh_VLIJ
And here's an excerpt from this one:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2013-September/045029.html
"I don't think that will any difference.  radeon kms works fine on
other big endian platforms such as powerpc."--