Re: decommissioning parisc-linux.org

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 06:14:01PM -0500, John David Anglin wrote:
> On 23-Jan-13, at 4:17 PM, dann frazier wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 01:33:48PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> >>
> >>I tend to agree. Use the right tool for the right job.
> >>
> >>Fun hacking = HPPA.
> >>
> >>Serve the website = x86.
> >
> >fyi, the subnet on which palinux (aka parisc-linux.org) is hosted will
> >be going away at the end of February. This sounds like a good target
> >date for the move :)
>
> There are a few people who still use the domain for parisc related mail.
> James Bottomley is the most active.  Hopefully, this will also get moved
> with the website.

Yeah, I agree - it just needs somewhere to move to first :)

We can also just point the MX somewhere else, if there's a good
mail hosting option that doesn't want to host the website.

Note that it sounds like HP might be willing to move the system to a
new DC, re-IP and basically run it till something fails. But that's an
inevitable eventuality, and at that point it becomes an emergency.