Re: Machine stuck when userspace 100% busy

Am , schrieb John David Anglin:
On 23-Oct-12, at 11:23 AM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

Ok, this is the way I can reproduce it:

git clone git://cmake.org/cmake.git
cd cmake
git checkout cb4bff9882ecb7dbd674cc9d97ac5cd42248f0dc
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
make
ctest

I ran this test on my system with the following results:

94% tests passed, 15 tests failed out of 261

Label Time Summary:
Label1    =   0.26 sec
Label2    =   0.26 sec

Total Test time (real) = 11715.14 sec

The following tests FAILED:
         57 - ExportImport (Failed)
         65 - Qt4Deploy (OTHER_FAULT)
         69 - Module.GenerateExportHeader (OTHER_FAULT)
         91 - SimpleInstall-Stage2 (OTHER_FAULT)
        111 - complex (OTHER_FAULT)
        112 - complexOneConfig (OTHER_FAULT)
        115 - QtAutomoc (OTHER_FAULT)
        133 - Plugin (OTHER_FAULT)
        191 - BootstrapTest (Failed)
        196 - IncludeDirectories (OTHER_FAULT)
        202 - CMakeOnly.LinkInterfaceLoop (Timeout)
        210 - CMakeOnly.AllFindModules (Failed)
        211 - CMakeOnly.TargetScope (Failed)
        217 - RunCMake.ObjectLibrary (Failed)
        261 - CMake.CheckSourceTree (Failed)
Errors while running CTest

This is more or less expected as the version under test contains a bug, so of course some of the tests will fail.

BootstrapTest, the Qt*, and CMakeOnly.AllFindModules are not in the list of things that I expected to fail. Please send me your Testing/Temporary/LastTest.log so I can look what the problem was with them. CMake.CheckSourceTree will fail if you used my commands, as you then have the untracked "build" directory in your source tree. So if you kill the build dir and put it somewhere outside the checkout and use "cmake /path/to/source" instead of "cmake .." this will succeed. The CMakeOnly.AllFindModules _could_ be a problem related to multiarch include directories, but that one is usually harmless.

System didn't hang.

Machine: rp3440
Kernel: 3.6.2+ (JDA changes)
libc: debian 2.13-35

If you have fixes for any of the above fails let me know.

This is an SMP system, I bet that makes a difference for this sort of problem. Can you try booting with nosmp?

Btw: boot with nr_cpu=1 will make the kernel go mad, although I would have expected it to behave exactly like nosmp. At least when I last tested it.

Eike