Re: Issue booting v2.6.39 .. v3.4-rc6 on hp712/100

John David Anglin wrote:

> I posted a number of kernel work in progress patches to the linux-parisc
> list but nobody bothered to test them except for Vincent today.  All I
> know
> at this point is my rp3440 is much more stable and runs twice as fast as
> it used to with my cache patch.  As such, it can keep up with unstable.
> This took hundreds of kernel builds and considerable long term testing.

I have your patch from a while back applied to my C8000 and I have not seen
any crashes or other issues yet (since beginning of April). Your futex patches
are on this machine for even longer. This of course means only that there is
no obvious breakage, I did not run any special testcase for any of those stuff,
but at least it doesn't randomly eats my machine.

I think Guy Martin has the cache patch running on at least one of his
machines.

Related note: The #Gentoo-HPPA channel on Freenode has at least some activity
every other day, often even daily. The last 3 critical breakages I had (the
gcc bug breaking swap, the gcc bug breaking ext4 and the 3.4-rc compile
breakage) were first discussed there before posting anywhere. Because of that
the initial report e.g. to linux-parisc already had rather good data on what
is happening.

Eike