Re: decommissioning parisc-linux.org

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 02:18:21PM -0500, Martin K. Petersen wrote:

> >> What's the status of @p-l.o email addresses? I'm receiving a fair bit
> >> of email on this domain, and I think others do too, if we need to
> >> move on elsewhere it'd be nice to have a little headstart... ;)
>
> Dann> My assumption is that mail will follow the domain.
>
> I would like something to be done with the mail situation. It totally
> sucks being secondary mx since I get to deal with all the spam bounces
> and blacklistings.
>
> We can either move mail forwarding to my machine wholesale so I can fix
> things or we can leave it on palinux and discontinue having me as
> secondary. I'm happy either way.

Well, my vote is that we take you up on that offer and move it to you,
at least while things are in flux. Only problem I see  is that some
people don't forward their mail off of palinux, but its probably a
good idea to deprecate that RSN.

> I'm also happy to continue providing DNS. I would like the ability to
> update the zone files, though. I would have fixed the mail problems long
> ago if I could...

I don't see any reason we wouldn't let you take over even primary if
you wanted to. Frankly, I'm surprised we hadn't given you whatever
privs you needed already - really just seems like an oversight on our
part, my apologies.