Re: debian hppa

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 10:10:50PM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
> With this in mind, I think it best to consider how the available hardware
> can be utilized to achieve this goal.  In addition, to the ESIEE testring,
> I believe that HP made available a number of machines for running their
> buildds process.  Dan can probably tell us what the current status is for
> these machines.
>
> I'm not sure what the status of the Cupertino machines is and whether
> any of the distributed machines will be available for this purpose.

Cupertino Test Ring is gone. The entire Cupertino site (multiple acres)
was sold to Apple. If someone can secure external network access at
HP Labs in Palo Alto, I can help build a new 'Test rack'.

> Unfortunately, I can't open the machines that I have at NRC because of
> NRC IT security policies.  At the moment, most of the available cycles on
> these machines is allocated to GCC testing.  Possibly, some GCC support
> could be refocused to provide more support to a Debian release.

As discussed off list a few months ago, HW salvaged from the Cupertino
Test Ring should be headed your way in the near future.

hth,
grant