Re: [stable] PA-RISC: compile error in include/net/dst.h

Am Dienstag, 24. Mai 2011, 15:06:14 schrieb John David Anglin:
> On Tue, 24 May 2011, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> > As 2.6.38.6 does if I use the correct .config. So it is an older issue
> > which is not related to recent changes but likely some general HPPA
> > breakage. We'll discuss the rest on linux-parisc.
>
> If you believe this is a compiler error, I suggest using gcc 4.5.3 or
> 4.6.0.
>
> All releases prior to 4.5.2 contain bugs in delay slot optimization
> resulting in incorrect register liveness.

If you think of PR46915: I was the one that originally stumbled over this
although GM took the hard work of bisecting and reporting that upstream. As I
said before, the compiler is 4.5.2.

And: no, I don't suspect a compiler error. Only a .config screwup. I'm
currently trying to find the culprit. Good luck it breaks rather early in the
compile.

To reproduce try to compile for hppa64 with default .config, this seems what
has happened to me.

Eike