Re: compile failure: pacache.S and .size

> > > This preprocesses to
> > >
> > >  .procend
> > > .size disable_sr_hashing_asm, .-disable_sr_hashing_asm
> > >
> > >  .end
> >
> > It looks to me like someone may have removed the necessary whitespace before
> > .size in linkage.h.  It may now be necessary for parisc to define its own
> > version of END.  Don't think this has anything to do with binutils.
>
> But the defines of ENDPROC and END in linkage.h are from 2006, commit
> ab7efcc9 from Jan Beulich. This has not changed, binutils has, thus my
> idea about binutils difference. However, I do not have the old binutils
> package easyly availbale right now so I can not test that today.

I have not seen the problem with 2.21.51.20110218.  .size is handled
by generic code.  I find it hard to believe that .-disable_sr_hashing_asm
doesn't evaluate to a constant.  GCC always outputs a similar directive.
It would seem like almost every assembly would be broken if the problem
was with binutils.

Could you send preprocessed assembler file?

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)