C8000 cpu upgrade problem

Hi

I have a C8000 workstation with one PA8800 900MHz CPU (the motherboard has
two sockets), I installed Linux via serial console on it and it seems to
be running quite fine (I had to plug a PCI serial card because Linux
doesn't recognize the on-board serial ports or videocard).

When I inserted anober PA8800 900MHz CPU (taken from another workstation)
to the second socket on the motherboard, the boot firmware writes a
warning "Too many CPUs for this system.", drops into the boot menu and
refuses to load an operating system.

Do you have some idea how to solve it? I.e. switch something in the
firmware, load new firmware (I have FW 2.13 BMC 02.32), or get some tool
from HP that can allow the second processor on this workstation?

(note, this is not Linux kernel problem at all because the firmware
doesn't even start Linux)

Mikulas