Re: scsi_wait_scan doesn't wait

 On 10/20/2010 12:04 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:27 PM, Michal Ludvig<mludvig@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I'm having a problem with 2.6.36-rc8+ on HP PARISC machine (HP 9000
RP3410) where I intend to wait for SCSI enumeration during boot before
LVM2 kicks in and attempts to activate the root volume. I modprobe
scsi_wait_scan in the initramdisk before lvm2 script is run. However the
modprobe doesn't wait. I'm on Debian testing, fwiw.
If you're interested in helping, the best thing you could do is back
up to a kernel that works and then try to track down what commit broke
the wait scan. It's a bit tedious, but fairly easy.
Yeah, I know. However a kernel rebuild takes nearly 2 hours on that machine so it may be a couple of months before I find the commit ;-) I'll see if I can come up with an automated process for that.

Michal