Re: sys_accept4, SOCK_CLOEXEC, misc, bonghits, and others...

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 09:11:23AM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> IIUC SOCK_CLOEXEC only works in 2.6.27 or higher with accept4?
>
> In which case, since accept4 has never existed before, it's OK to
> change this value?

Well, it's never worked either, so I assume it's safe to change. The
main problem is glibc keeping a parallel copy of the system headers
instead of using the sanitized ones, since this means anything which
correctly used those headers has the right value.

(Basically... any userspace program compiled against the old glibc will
need to be rebuilt, but if we change it won't be any more broken than
they already have been.)

regards, Kyle