Re: Segmentation fault in __libc_start_main with -static

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 11:39 AM, John David Anglin
<dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Could you look at GCC target/42850?  This is for the same testcase.
>
> It looks like glibc either has a hidden dependence on libgcc_s, or
> we have a dynamic loader bug.  See comment #3.

Hidden? :-)

The implementation of pthread_cancel_init in NPTL uses the unwinder in
libgcc_s.so.

Each target must tell glibc which version of the library is *current*
in order for glibc to dlopen that version and use the provided
unwinder.

We define it like this:
glibc-ports/sysdeps/hppa/libgcc_s.h
/* Name of libgcc_s library provided by gcc.  */
#define LIBGCC_S_SO "libgcc_s.so.4"

If you bump the version number you need to tell me, and then we
coordinate with debian to release a new libgcc_s.so, followed by an
updated glibc.

Cheers,
Carlos.