Re: Hacking SuperDome

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:23:12AM -0700, Grant Grundler wrote:
> > First guess would be some PCI setup issues... Any hints ?
>
> Look for HPMC's. The console can't keep up with the kernel in general.
> When an HPMC occurs, some of the output can get stranded.

never saw an HPMC, but I'm sure it's because lots of output gets lost...

I've done some hacking yesterday and it looks like the basic
problem is, that REO isn't handled properly. As a start it would
be good to know, if the used IOC_IKE_OFFSET in sba_iommu.c is really
correct...

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]