Re: 2.6.28-rcX in pretty bad shape on parisc

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Helge Deller <deller@xxxxxx> wrote:

> 2) To avoid possible cross-compiler bugs I built James's ion-config (with no
> modifications at all!) on the c3k natively. It booted yesterday nicely
> without any problems from local disk. Today, I booted the same kernel, again
> with no modifications or changes at all, just the same kernel which already
> was on the disk, and it brought up a Slab corruption:
[snip]
> My conclusion is:
> There is some problem somewhere.
> It does not show up always. Changing some kernel configuration may bring the
> bug up or it may not.
> James, I think if you reboot your ion machine a few times or modify some
> kernel configs, you probably will hit the bug as well.

Well on that topic, I've seen for a while (at least with 2.6.22.*) a
similar case where the same unmodified kernel binary would, from time
to time, fail to boot the machine (stuck with the timer_interrupt
delayed message). ISTR that happened most frequently on my A500-5X.
That may be something else, but the point is the symptom that "a given
kernel behaves differently across reboots" is not something new, if
that helps...

T-Bone

--
Thibaut VARENE