Re: DSS display-new custom enable/disable hooks

On 24/09/13 23:04, Belisko Marek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we're using connector-analog-tv driver to enable TV out on gta04
> board. There is exception that we need to change some twl registers +
> some gpio when enable/disable TV output. My question is if there is
> some way how to do that or do we need to copy'n'paste code from
> connector-analog-tv driver and extend it for handling we need (let's
> call it hack)?

What are those TWL registers and GPIO used for? If they are board
specific things, then I see two options:

- Presuming you're using board files, you could add
platform_enable/disable callbacks to the connector's platform_data, and
make the connector driver call those callbacks.

- Create a new display encoder driver, which handles the TWL and GPIO,
and position it in the video pipeline between VENC and the connector.

The first option is obviously not upstreamable, as it won't work with
DT. And I'm not enthusiastic about merging board specific display
drivers either, but so far I haven't figured better ways to implement
board specific oddities.

 Tomi