Re: [RFC/NOT FOR MERGING 2/3] serial: omap: remove hwmod dependency

On Monday 18 February 2013 01:38 PM, Bedia, Vaibhav wrote:
On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 11:18:36, Shilimkar, Santosh wrote:
[...]

For the duplicate ioremapping, I don't think there's any need to
do it if we get things right.

Note that if the ioremap matches a static map area there is no cost to
ioremap it multiple times.

Thats true though now on OMAP we removed most of the static mappings.
The main issue is waste of IO space because, we end up mapping same
area two times for all the OMAP drivers. This can be optimized with
a arch ioremap caller hook but as discussed here, its nice to have
rather than something important.

Mostly L3 and L4 OCP slaves ones are covered because of L3/L4 map.
If you boot a full blown kernel, you will see many dynamically allocated as well.

Regards,
Santosh