Re: DSS errors in linux next when booted with DTB append

* Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkeinen@xxxxxx> [130205 04:40]:
> Hi,
>
> On 2013-01-16 21:08, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > Hi Tomi,
> >
> > Looks like omap_dss_init() goes crazy on panda es when booted with
> > PANEL_TAAL and DTB append enabled, see below. Does not seem to happen when
> > booted on blaze. Noticed this after enabling all the panels, my modified
> > omap2plus_defconfig attached.
>
> Hmm, looks odd. The log shows it's trying to use Taal panel, even if
> Panda doesn't have such a panel. Who's adding the Taal device? Are you
> booting Panda with Blaze's dtb?

Hmm yeah I might have had Blaze's dtb there, need to check. That
certainly would explain it.

> That said, I have seen similar circular locking warnings related to
> omapfb/omapdss, but I haven't been able to resolve them, or even to
> really find out why the warning happens. I haven't seen any problems
> though, it's just a warning.
>
> So my guess is that you're seeing two unrelated problems, one related to
> dtbs or such, and the other related to locks.

Yeah the locks related one could be caused by spurious interrupts
by some other device if I had Blaze's .dtb in use.

Regards,

Tony