Re: reset handling in am335x hwmod data

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Korsgaard <jacmet@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi,

 Paul> Probably the DTS is the right place, since this is a board- and
 Paul> bootloader-specific quirk.  The original intention was to allow
 Paul> board files to set this HWMOD_INIT_NO_RESET flag themselves - see
 Paul> mach-omap2/ omap_hwmod.c:omap_hwmod_no_setup_reset().  But since
 Paul> we've deprecated the board files, the DT data seems like the
 Paul> right place.

 Paul> It probably shouldn't be a GPIO-specific property.  Other devices
 Paul> like DSS will also need some kind of 'no-init-reset' property,
 Paul> since on many commercial devices, it's expected that some kind of
 Paul> splash screen will be presented by the bootloader and stay on
 Paul> during the boot process.

 Peter> I tried changing omap_device_build_from_dt() to call
 Peter> omap_hwmod_no_setup_reset() on the corresponding hwmod if a
 Peter> ti,no-init-reset was present, but that doesn't work as the hwmod
 Peter> reset happens quite a bit earlier (in
 Peter> omap_hwmod_setup_all()). Do you have idea how I could work
 Peter> around this or is that the future reset change you referred to
 Peter> above?

Paul, any ideas?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard