Re: OMAP baseline test results for v3.7-rc1

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 08:23:35AM +0000, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2012, Richard Cochran wrote:
>
> > When I read your report, it gave me a much rosier picture than is
> > actually the case WRT the beaglebone.
>
> Really?  What section of the message provided that to you?

It was the part that said,

   Passing tests
   -------------

   Boot to userspace: 3517evm, 3530es3beagle, 3730beaglexm, 37xxevm,
                      4430es2panda, 5912osk, am335xbone

It sounded to me like you were saying that the current kernel release
boots just fine on the beaglebone, with no issues.

It surprised me, because in fact I have had one heck of a time getting
the beaglebone to boot. It is a bit of a cop-out to say that you are
not interested in the boot loader. Way back when the whole "dt is so
cool, arm should use it too" argument appeared, I wrote that, in my
experience with Freescale powerpc chips, the whole kernel/dt/u-boot is
a kind of Bermuda Triangle of misfortune. Looks like that dt is
turning out to be just as successful for arm as it was for powerpc.

Thanks,
Richard