RE: Multimachine uImage and cpufreq-cpu0/cpufreq-omap2 breakage

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 15:48:22, Koen Kooi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently building 3.7rc1 kernels meant to run on beagleboards (omap3), pandaboards (omap4) and beaglebones (am335x). At the moment I'm only testing it on beaglebone and I noticed a problem with the different cpufreq drivers getting in eachothers way.
>
> I patched in cpufreq-cpu0 support for AM335x and that's was working great. After rebasing to 3.7-rc1 it stopped working because cpufreq-omap2 tried to load, failed and made the cpufreq-cpu0 driver error out. The workaround is simple: only enable on driver.
>
> So my question is: Is this the intended behaviour? I would expect the cpufreq-omap2 driver to not load when booted on am335x using DT, but it is a persistent bugger.

Hi Koen,

AFAICS regulator_get() should return NULL if there is no "vcc" regulator
node and should not proceed further but its proceeding and doing the
cpufreq_register_driver(), so we are seeing failure for cpu0 driver
after this.

clk_get() should be moved to omap_cpufreq_init to avoid this. (Extra
protection).

Thanks
AnilKumar